Tuesday 7 July 2009

Blog 5: What kind of animals would do such a thing?

This is ell635 reporting...

Dear Diary,


I went down to Mike's Bar today to check on Michele. I'd recently found a Box for her in a Train at the Railyard. She seems to be interested in me. And I figured if I run a few more of her errands, maybe she could link me to the Jackal.

I went into Mike's Bar, and she was at her usual spot by the Bar, enjoying a drink. She asked me if I could help, of which I responded that I was interested.

She told me a couple of men were bringing in a Drug that they were calling Hazlenut. She asked me what kind of animals would do such a thing? I know what kind of animals...

She told me one was at a small house on the southern river, and the other was at the air strip. My objective was to take these men out.

I agreed to the mission, despite how rough the challenge seemed.

I exited the Bar, and decided to hop on board the Fishing Boat to get down to each objective via the River.

As I followed the river, I passed under a large bridge that was guarded by a post. Thankfully none of the soldiers seemed suspicious of my presence, and didn't start firing at me. As I grew closer to the target in the small house by the river, I pulled over and decided to enter the area stealthily.

As I crouched along the river bank, I found a nice scouting position. A tiny hill, bearing a large Tree, that provided cover from the road to my left, and a perfect view of the target location across the river. There were soldiers outside the house, covering the area, but I knew he was inside. I decided to swim away from the house along the river, so I could get onto the other side of the river, and approach from another direction.

This side of the river was perfect. There was plenty of brush providing cover, and I crouched through it under the moonlight, without being traced. A small rock provided cover, and I was able to peer over the rock and see the target house in sight.

I scoped in with my Monocular, I noticed a man standing just in the doorway of the House, smoking a cigarette. His clothing suggested he was more important than the others, so I decided to use my Scoped Crossbow to explode his body into pieces.

My first shot killed a Guard in front of him, but the explosion was too far away to have caused any effect to him. Everyone sprung to life, and the target began firing his side-arm towards my location. One bullet hit, before my second shot instantly destroyed him...

I retreated quickly along the river bank, until I'd reached my parked Fishing Boat. I turned it around (something I should have done before I attacked!), and I drove off safely.

Half way through driving, I reminded myself that I still had a target to take out! And I needed to be driving the opposite way!

I stopped the Boat, and decided to take the rest of this mission by foot.

I chose my route smartly, and began approaching the Airfield. I used the hilly landscape as almost a trench setting, and I used this to stay covered as I approached the area. I entered a small pond near the target, and swam across before remaining covered behind a shanty fence. Suddenly a bullet came firing just past my body. A sniper bullet.

I quickly ran round the shanty fence, and killed a Guard laying on the floor with my G3, before he could even draw his weapon. I then ran inside the building he was laying by, and stayed covered. I saw soldiers panicking, and searching for me, I unleashed a full clip of my G3 at an explosive barrel before it finally exploded, taking care of two or three guards. Suddenly, a series of bullets from two different soldiers took me out instantly, and I collapsed to the floor.

Guillen was my saviour! She marched in, well armed with her AK-47, and picked me up - fighting off soldiers meanwhile. She pulled me up, and switched to her Eagle, whilst she dragged me away. I passed out, and woke up for a split second to the sound of an ammo crate exploding.

Once she'd taken me to a safe location, I quickly bandaged up a wound on my arm, and stuck a syrette into my wrist. That was a close one!!! Guillen warned me of a Sniper too, the one that originally spotted me.

I quickly disposed of the remaining soldiers, and the already injured objective took one bullet to headshot him down to the grave. There were a few other stray soldiers who showed up, and I took them down with ease. I found a Health kit inside one of the Hangars, and a Diamond Briefcase in a Container - adding one diamond to my wallet.

Guillen took care of herself, staying in cover by a large rock where I originally patched myself up. I noticed a flanking enemy as I entered my Car, but I also heard Guillen take him down with ease.

I drove West towards the South-West Bus Station, which was extremely close to my location. Half way through the fields, feeling safe about the mission completion, I suddenly took a bullet into the back from the Eagle-eyed Sniper, who was still after me. His shot took two of my health bars instantly, and I panicked. I started weaving like a drunken driver.

I drove over a small hill, which provided some cover from the sniper, as he couldn't see over the hill until I'd driven further into the distance. I checked my map curiously to see how much further I needed to travel to the Bus Station....



This Sniper was a pest. I drove in a weaving fashion to shake him off. I now realise how crucial it was to have avoided the Sniper during my mission for Josip.

The Sniper put another bullet into my sorry ass, and I was downed forever. Guillen's support back in the Air Strip wasn't enough to keep me alive, and I never did get to tell Michele that my mission was complete.

I think this test was great. I never tried the main Missions, but I can safely assume that Infamous difficulty was a major challenge, and you definately have to think long and hard about your approach to your mission.

The enemy is very dangerous, as my stories have explained. Their bullets are extremely damaging, and I am still mourning my unexpected death from a Sniper who was simply miles away!

I hadn't made true progress, but I would say that the difficulty and the Permanent Death stipulation has truly affected my performance, and definately brought a new side of the game out in the open.

I think playing through on Easy difficulty will be pretty boring now!

Thanks for reading! It's a shame I didn't exit the vehicle, take cover, and patch myself up!

Things happened too quickly, and so did my death. I'm sorry I hadn't lasted longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment