Friday 3 July 2009

Blog 1: Permanent Death Intro

This is ell635 reporting.

This is my Diary. You are my audience.

The Names Frank Bilders. I'm 36 years young. I grew up on the rough streets of Northern Ireland. I watched men die in front of my eyes from a young age. War is my home.

I'm no stranger to Guns. I fired my first one when I was only five. Some people don't even fire a Gun in their life!!

I trained to become a Mercenary as I hit my teens. Long ago, I was trained by the toughest Irishmen on the Planet. I walked out of training as one of the best god damn Mercenaries in the world after hitting my early twenties.

I spent alot of time settling the Civil War in Northern Ireland. I left home turf just after I started hitting my thirties.

These tough Irish b*****ds who trained me know people all across the Globe. They've got men underground everywhere. It's because of these links that I managed to start getting jobs elsewhere.

I got sent to Morocco to carry out several assassination missions, it was my first true test on foreign soil. After several years over there, I headed back to Northern Ireland.

Before I got a chance to settle back down, I found out I was already on another mission. To Africa...

It's a large town called Leboa-Sako. I'm not too fond of this location. I hear the Malaria disease out there is pretty serious. A cancer. It kills everything it infects. But it's not the Malaria I should be watching out for...

...There's a civil war in Africa too. Aye... I'm familiar with this type of atmosphere.

My objective is simple. There's a man. A very mysterious man. So mysterious he has no true name. They call him the Jackal. The only briefing I got was that he is an Arms Dealer in the heart of Leboa-Sako. He's underground, and he's supplying the goods so that the civil war continues to rage on. He's holding the country in the palm of his hand. He's calling the shots. They need the best of the best to hunt him down and kill him. That someone is me.

It's one man. The hardest part is avoiding the civil war. I'll work my way through everyone until I've learnt enough about the Jackal and his location. It's an investigation. That's my speciality.

My flight is scheduled tomorrow. It's early. I'll write once I touch down.

Frank






This is ell635. I'm a gamer on the Xbox 360. I'm a big fan of Far Cry 2. I recently read up on a great Writers blog, who surfaced an idea about using Permanent Death in Far Cry 2's story mode. He wanted to see how his gameplay would be effected if he was counting on one precious life.

The idea was music to my ears. I decided to jump on the Band wagon ASAP. So here I am. But why should you be reading up on my experiences? I'm not even a professional writer!

I want to be a writer, and using this Diary context helps me flex my writing skills. And the Permanent Death operation allows me to enjoy gaming on a whole new level, whilst practising my writing too.

And the reason why you should be reading my Permanent Death blog is because I'm taking things to the highest level. And yes, I'm talking about difficulty. I'm not going to take things lightly on Normal difficulty. I want to put this operation to the real test.

The difficulty is Infamous. The stakes are high. The hope... is whatever I make it. I need to play my cards right, or else I'm going to be lying on my backside failing my operation for good.

I'll keep a regular updated blog for every mission and conflict worth mentioning. It will be brought in a first-person narrative, through the heart of Frank Bilders Diary log. Life, as this experiment will prove, is extremely precious. I think the highest difficulty will exaggerate that term greatly...

No comments:

Post a Comment